Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Crayon Themed 2nd Birthday Party

When trying to decide on a theme for my son's second birthday, I tried to think about the things he likes to do. After all, this party was for him and I wanted him to have fun! So, I settled on a crayon theme, since he loves to do craft projects of any sort. Here are just a few things that I did for his party that fit with the theme. (Please see individual postings for detailed instructions.)

Decorations:
Crayon utensil holders

These are the goodie bags that I made for the kiddos. 

Each bag was personalized with the first initial and filled with a sticker book, coloring book, pack of crayons and homemade playdough. 

Happy Birthday Lucas banner. 

I found these giant crayons at the toy store and they were perfect! 
I wanted it to be as colorful as possible, like a box of crayons, so I got bright balloons, table clothes, and plates & utensils. It was like a color explosion! 

Can't have a party without a special balloon for the birthday boy. 

Activities:
Marker station - used Color Wonder markers and paper. Gotta love mess-free markers!

Crayon station - just come crayons and construction paper. 

Playdough station - Made some homemade playdough and put out some pladough tools and the kids had a blast with it!

Food & Cake:

I forgot to take pictures of the food, but it was a hit. We ordered Lucas's favorites - BBQ chicken, baked beans, mac & cheese and fruit. My good friend, Emily, did an awesome job catering the food.


I ordered a special cake for Lucas's party and it turned out super cute. Everyone was in awe of the cake!

6 comments:

  1. This was seriously a great little boy birthday party! You did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! What kind/ size cans/ containers are those? They look wider than a standard can...
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are standard cans. The crayons just make them look wider. Thanks for stopping by my blog! :o)

      Delete
  3. Love the theme! I will use the idea for my Back to School Give-a-way for my childcare picnic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These would make a great party favor for the kids
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/493850172/personalized-giant-crayon-bank?ref=shop_home_active_4

    https://www.etsy.com/listing/507131159/personalized-childrens-foldable-stool?ref=shop_home_active_5

    ReplyDelete